Basic Forum Rules
3 Simple Rules:
- Do not take anything serious. What does this mean? Do not take anything serious. Why? Because this is the internet. No one can touch you. No one can harm you in any way, so do not take anything serious. So be good, do not start fights, and please do your best to try and not take anything serious.
- Members are treated with respect. There is no such thing as the word "noob" within sites. Those that call others "noobs" are what they say "noobs" themselves. "Newbs" are those who are new to the site wishing to learn. Other members who wish to cause trouble are short term. Staffs are members; they should be seen as the board's workers, not as all-powerful deities. Everyone should aim to get along with one another, avoid conflict, respect each other, and respect the boards.
- Always speak in ENGLISH. Unless in you are in UN Area.
The Commandments of this Forum:
- - No Flaming - Do not insult other members. A flame that is meant as a joke is not accepted. If an insult was obvious to be a joke to everyone seeing it may be acceptable. However to be safe do not do it. If flamed, contact a Staff Member. Do not retaliate. There are three Classifications of Flames:
- Unintended - An insult where it did not mean to insult. These may be excusable.
- Minor - An insult that is a spur of the moment without thinking correctly. This is not excusable.
- Major - An insult or set of insults that are clear and calm trying to cause maximum distress someone.
- - No Baiting - Do not treat others badly. Do not treat others in an intention of angering or upsetting them. If you feel you are being baited ask them to please stop, however do not counter act with a flame or bait. If the one baiting continues, please contact a Staff Member. Sometimes a bait is considered to be a flame, if you receive one still please contact a Staff Member.
- - No Drama Whoring - One who constantly craves the chaos, feeling, and attention that drama can bring along with it. Often the drama sleeper will send out messages with absolutely no content except for something inflammatory or retaliatory directed at another person they dislike. Keep all harmful personal objectives off the boards. Do not turn opinions within the community against other members or seek to discredit members that you do not like.
- - No Harassment - If a member asks you to not contact them or interact with them through Private Messenger or within BesprenRO Forum please abide by the request or else it is considered to be Harassment. If a user is harassing please contact a Staff Member. A member may not ask or tell a Staff Member to stay away from a thread that needs Grading or Accepting. If you feel that you are being treated unfairly please contact Higher Staff
- - No Flooding - Defined as either posting more than five new threads in the same forum in an one hour period without staff permission, or bumping a load of dead topics which causes the previously active threads to drop off the first page. Do Not Bump a Thread.
- - No Advertising - Please do not post any type of advertising through the forum. You are not allowed to Private Message people inviting to sites. If you are caught, you will be banned.
- - No Trolling - Trolling means deliberately seeking to cause damage to the community. Neo-trolling is another variant of this whereby you try to cause damage without making it seem like actual trolling (i.e.: subtle and intelligent trolling). This can include:
- Maliciously exploiting 'loop holes' in the rules.
- Seeking to constantly or massively undermine staff.
- Massively or constantly publicly attacking the forum or how it is run on sites both associated and unassociated with the forum.
- Privately plotting to cause problems on the forum.
- Maliciously breaking rules.
- After banning and returning by using other means.
- Hacking - No hacking, or talking about hacking. Any form of speaking that may deal with hacking is an automatic ban.
- Respect the mods: If a mod closes a thread, or tells you to quit doing something, then please listen to them. While what they ask for may not make sense to you, it will make sense to everyone else who want what is best for the forum. If you are unhappy with a mod, then do not make a public protest thread, but PM an admin with the complaint and we will deal with it if necessary. You should have enough respect for mods and the time which they put in to be able to trust their judgment and the job that they do.
Last edited by memel on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total